We get it, meditating is actually good for you but sometimes it’s impossible to shut our brains off. Here are the thoughts we can’t silence while meditating.
- I’m hungry.
- I should be thinking about breathing but I’m too stressed to think about anything but how stressed I am.
- I need to go to the grocery store. I don’t have anything to microwave for dinner tonight.
- How do you breathe again?
- Am I breathing enough? Too deeply? Is my stomach supposed to stick out like this when I’m breathing?
- I can’t believe my co-worker tried to tell me to do her work today.
- I know exactly what I will say to her tomorrow when she invariably tries to pull the same sh…breathe.
- I should probably eat at least one vegetable per day. That will be my New Year’s Resolution. I will be healthy and fit and work out and meditate and drink juice full of vegetables.
- OMG remember that embarrassing thing I said to my old roommate’s cousin when she came to visit during college? I feel so ashamed.
- Breathing…does everyone breathe like this?
- Does my asthma make my breathing weird?
- Should I not do this because of my asthma? Is it safe?
- My nose is running. Can I wipe it? Am I still meditating if I do that?
- What are the pollen levels in this park/yoga studio/my bedroom?
- What if I dwell too much on breathing and my body forgets how to do it naturally?
- EXHAUSTED FROM BREATHING
- Wait what? It’s over?? I was just getting comfy!!
Is it obvious we have anxious minds? What are some of your meddlesome thoughts while meditating?