Every year I write a letter to Santa and give it to my mother to deliver (she knows the big guy because she’s a pretty cool lady). You can mock it all you want but I think it’s a really fun way to get into the holiday spirit and share what I want with her. Over the years it has transitioned from a multipage handwritten letter with items listed from the JCPenney’s holiday catalogue (item numbers and page numbers included so the Elves could find the item to get inspiration) to a google doc with links.
While the format may have changed the sentiment is still the same. This letter is a chance for me to reflect on the year I’ve had, celebrate my victories and make my mom laugh. If you do not already do this I highly recommend bringing the magic back into Christmas by writing a Santa letter. Need some inspo? I’ve included my letter (items redacted) for your to peruse to get your creative juices flowing.
Let’s jump in!
It’s me. Emily. Sr. Elf & unpaid North Pole intern (you are lucky you aren’t operating in the US or else that would be a CRIME). Usually I start this letter with some cute update about my life over the last year but to be honest time doesn’t matter anymore. So, in case you missed it here’s a short list of what I’ve done:
- Negotiated the highest salary I’ve ever had & then was promptly furloughed & let go.
- Started a business during a pandemic.
- Reread the Harry Potter series 3-4 times.
- Was published TWICE by an online magazine that refuses to pay writers & did not respond to my request to become one of their paid authors (I don’t think they pay anyone & they just lie about potentially paying people to pull in free content – might want to add them to the naughty list).
- Started a Youtube channel & gave a lot of FREE content out to people because it makes me happy.
- Took a couple online business coach trainings only to realize that I hate being told what to do & the business coaching world is full of people who make money by telling people that they didn’t start making a lot of money until they became a business coach (another suggestion for the naughty list – sneaky liars).
- I wrote a BUNCH of blog posts & talked sh*t about pyramid schemes & MLMs (you are welcome)
And a LOT more but like I said..I can’t recall when or what because time is a complete joke at this point.
Every year I’ve asked for world peace & you have yet to deliver because humanity sucks. This year I would ask for a new president & for the end of COVID/ for science to matter but if we are working off world peace precedent I suppose it’s not worth the effort. After all you are Santa but you are not a miracle worker.
*insert list of items here. (My list included roller skates and wrist guards so that we don’t take a trip to the ER this Christmas)*
That’s all I can think of for now but as we all know the best gift is spending time with those you love! While I won’t get to hang out with you at Christmas Santa just know that I am thinking of you & wildly envious on how easy it would be to handle a pandemic in the North Pole considering you are all already quarantined together (but also could be an awful situation if just one elf got Covid…I hope you’re all alive & well).
Wear a mask, wash your hands & if you can’t figure out what to buy me think of Granny’s request every time we went to the grocery store for her “If you see something & think of me then get it!”
There you have it – a little holiday inspo for you. Writing this list is an act of self love, it’s a way to show compassion and love to my mother and it’s just fun! Now go make your parents, aunts, friends or significant other’s day by sending them a Santa letter.